Monday, October 28, 2019

Experience doing the scavenger hunt

I cannot speak for my group, but personally my experience in completing the scavenger hunt was quite difficult. I struggled most of course with finding Professor’s sister or finding a home valued at between 300,000 and 400,000, three bedrooms in University Place from both Zillow and Redfin and also finding directions on how to get to them. I think I struggled with this because I did not know where to begin searching or like what to look up. With that being said, there were some items on the list that I had no trouble finding. I found the shopping cart with a total price plus delivery of “Screenplay” the book, a Segway Human Transporter and an iRobot Roomba robot and two definitions of what a “sock puppet” is from two different reference sources with ease. What I found the most interesting from completing the scavenger hunt was number 15 asking us to find information on ourselves from a site that is not a social network. Before finding this information on myself, I honestly did not think that I had information out there that did not have to do with my social media accounts. I was quickly proved wrong when I searched my name and immediately found my name and profile on a website called MaxPreps that showed my high school basketball stats. I thought that was so cool! I wouldn’t mind doing this assignment again because I feel like I was able to learn a lot and improved my searching skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment